WHAT’S THE JOB?
We’re on the hunt for a Wellbeing Coordinator to join our Student Engagement department to support the Union with all things relating to student wellbeing.
This role is all about delivering a wellbeing awareness strategy for students, and you’ll work closely with the Vice President Wellbeing to run campaigns and activities that will support and empower our students who are living both on and off campus. It’s a non-clinical role, so you won’t be counselling students!
It’s basically a brilliant opportunity for anyone who is passionate about student wellbeing, and Equality and Diversity.
This role is for 1 year and is part-time, working 21 hours a week, we can be flexible on working hours to suit the right candidate! The salary for these hours is £13,260 per annum (full-time equivalent salary would be Grade 5 £22,101).
WHO ARE WE?
We are Heriot-Watt University Student Union. We’re based at Riccarton (on the outskirts of Edinburgh) and our main goal is to make sure that Heriot-Watt students have THE BEST TIME whilst studying here. We have a bar, café, nightclub and shop, plus we work with Students to make their time at Heriot-Watt the best it can be through our Advice Hub, societies, academic representation and a whole load of volunteering opportunities.
You’ll join a friendly, hardworking and professional team and have a real opportunity to make a difference for students.
The role will be based at the Edinburgh campus. We’re working from home at the moment, but are looking forward to returning to the office when restrictions allow.
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
If you answer yes to these questions, then apply now!
· Do you have experience planning and running campaigns or events?
· Do you understand a fair bit about wellbeing issues students face?
· Are you comfortable talking to wide range of students and getting them fired up?
· Can you guide and empower students to come up with solutions to problems, and support them to put a plan in place to fix things?
· Can you look at something and think of new and creative ways that will make it even better?
· Does it make you happy to help people, and go home at the end of the day knowing you made a difference?
· Are you happy spending everyday with students? It’s ridiculously rewarding – but they can be super demanding!
· Do you want to work with an amazing team of people who are passionate about helping students?
· We will probably ask you for a baby picture and to photocopy your face. You ok with that?
SOUNDS GREAT, WHAT NEXT?
· If you want to have an informal chat about the role, get in touch with Genna, the Student Engagement Manager email@example.com
· If you feel you’re the right person for the job, get your application in – you have until 9am on Monday 10th May 2021!
· If you’re successful we’ll be in touch by Wednesday 12th May 2021.
· We’re holding interviews (virtually!) on Tuesday 18th May 2021.
Please visit our website: hwunion.com/jobs