Purpose: to take forward community and volunteering development as the VAA locality worker within a specific geography. As a locality development worker you will be expected to work at strategic and operational level and take forward the strategic decision making of VAA within locality partnership settings. More specifically post holders are expected to develop a competence in the following areas of work;
• Young people and volunteering- working with schools, communities and voluntary orgs to develop further the saltire awards and accredited qualification outcomes.
• To build a capacity of voluntary organisations, volunteering groups and aspiring social enterprises.
• To work in partnership with Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) and Community Planning Partnership (CPP) developments at a senior level.
• To develop local empowerment opportunities through meaningful community engagement approaches with local communities, organisations and volunteer movements.
• To promote and develop local volunteering including my street volunteering, and build buoyant volunteering cultures where all people are inspired to volunteer.
• To facilitate and co-facilitate volunteer management and volunteer skills training.
• To facilitate Volunteer Manager Forums.
• Support Social prescribers within the area by making links and feeding back.
• Build Community assets and opportunities.
• Help support the start-up of organisations by helping with constitutions and organisations support.
• Work in partnership with our HSCP and CPP colleagues.
• Support volunteering by promotion, identify opportunities and matching individuals.
• Small community group support PVG, Governance etc.
• Make links with local health workers in order to identify other opportunities through locality locator and other means to prevent people being placed on care packages.
• Working with communities and voluntary organisations to promote Saltire and accredited qualification outcomes.
• Build capacity of volunteering groups and aspiring Social Enterprises first point of contact.
• Facilitate and co -facilitate volunteer management and skills training.
• Engage with communities and groups to establish needs and wants in order to promote preventive work around mental health and wellbeing.
This list is not exhaustive you may be required to carry out other duties, and also you may be required to work in the evenings and at weekends.
For an application pack, please contact Katrina Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for this post is Friday 23rd April at noon. Interviews to be held shortly after.