Your role is to enable the employer, a disabled man in his late 20s, to pursue his interests and live independently. You will be working in a variety of settings and shift times, being flexible where possible.
• Assist the employer with a range of activities, including attending courses, volunteering, work, meeting friends, going to the cinema, for a walk, etc.
• Assist the employer with transport, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
• Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and other domestic tasks.
• Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
• Assist the employer with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting, including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Understanding, positive, easy-going and willing to assume a background role to allow the employer privacy and autonomy.
• Punctual, reliable and well-organised, with excellent communication skills.
• Awareness of the social model of disability and interest in disability rights.
• Previous experience supporting a disabled person is essential.
• Good physical health and fitness is essential, as personal care duties may be challenging.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
• Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
• Opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
• Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
• Training is provided.
An application form is available for download below.
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org