To deliver a range of counselling including individual and couple counselling and sex relationship therapy.
- 37.5 hours per week – distribution of hours to be agreed (will include delivery of evening and weekend
- 12-month fixed term contract – extension subject to additional funding being
- 3-month probation period.
Renumeration:£29,000 for 12-month fixed term contract. 35 days annual leave and public holidays.
Reporting:Direct report to the Counselling Practice Manager, accountable to the CEO and the Board of
Place of work:Currently home-based working remotely due to current covid-19 restrictions. Any change to the
current arrangement would be by mutual agreement.
Delivery Model:Zoom Pro and Phone Counselling with potentially some face-to-face counselling as Covid19
regulations allow and subject to mutual agreement.
Summary of Role:The Counsellor will be responsible for the delivery and evaluation of counselling and support
services to clients in line with BACP/BABCP/COSCA (or equivalent) ethical frameworks and codes of practice.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provision of and evaluation of high-quality counselling and therapeutic services to clients within Bright Light
Relationship Counselling’s service delivery framework.
- Utilisation for the benefit of clients of all
therapeutic skills and qualifications held.
- Developing and managing a caseload of individual, couple and
range of relationship counselling therapeutic work in line with organisational service models and
- Supporting clients to set and achieve identified goals, positive outcomes and assessing
and demonstrating progress to ensure timely completion of work.
- Accurate and timely completion of all
client paperwork/records, business information system entries, diaries and statistical information to support
therapeutic practice, data inputting, and reports as required for evaluation service processes and to meet the
administrative requirements of the organisation.
- Working to BACP/COSCA and/or other relevant therapeutic
bodies Standards and Ethical Frameworks.
- Maintaining own professional registrations and
- Compliance with Bright Light Relationship Counselling's policies and
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with staff, our clients and
- Attending and fully participating in team training/CPD, clinical supervision and annual
appraisal of work.
- Contributing to social media activity as required whilst ensuring client
- Positively and proactively representing Bright Light at all times in
interactions with staff and service users in other agencies.
- Diploma in Relationship Counselling or extended 100 hrs practice certificate;
- Training in Sex Therapy;
- Digital Video and Telephone Counselling experience and training;
- Completed a minimum of 200 hours dedicated training in couple work and related written assignments and assessment of skills;
- Membership of BACP and/or COSCA and commitment to abide by their code of ethics;
- Agreement to comply with Bright Light Relationship Counselling policies and procedures;
- Commitment to Bright Light Relationship Counselling’s annual professional review process; and
- Ability or willingness to learn to produce social media blogs and other activity.
If you think you have the skills and the qualities we are looking for, please send your CV and covering letter
outlining how you fit the essential requirements for this role to email@example.com. All will be treated
as strictly confidential.
To find out more about the role please contact the Counselling Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange
an informal chat.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 Noon Friday 16th April 2021. Bright Light reserves the right to close
to applications earlier if sufficient response received.