OUTLINE OF SUPPORTING POSITIVE PATHS CIC
Positive Paths is a post school, Day & Social service for individuals with Additional Support Needs.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for ongoing education & personal Development while encouraging goal focused outcomes with the view of establishing work experience and volunteering roles.
Our Social program & activities are an informal and innovative way to allow parents and carers respite while members meet socially in the evenings/ weekends or go away on Short overnight breaks together.
Individuals set their own goals while following our skills based program that offers diverse and active ways to learn and live.
The majority of our Day & Social services are undertaken in the Group setting encouraging peer learning and interaction along with positive social experiences.
We have three 'learning/social' Bases for our members to access within Edinburgh where staff and members meet to access our Day & Social provisions.
Applicants will be encouraged to help develop our Services with our members and take with you your own interests/skills into your role.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
· SVQ 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification.
· Positive and motivated outlook.
· Working with groups of young adults in group settings.
· Ability to use initiative and problem solve.
· 3 years experience within the Additional Support Needs (ASN) /Disability field.
· Full clean driving license.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and IT Skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.