The Employability Support Worker will be responsible to the Glasgow Services Manager and will work as a member of OPFS Glasgow Employability Service, to provide employability services for single parents living with complex needs and facing additional barriers to entering suitable employment.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
1. Qualification: A relevant professional qualification or a good standard of education equivalent to HNC/HND, SVQ3 /4 and combined with relevant experience.
2. Knowledge of issues affecting single parents in Glasgow
3. Experience of group work: candidates should preferably have had experience of running groups and understand group work issues
4. Experience of liaison and partnership working with other agencies
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. IT skills commensurate to the needs of the post
7. Commitment to professional development
8. Flexibility to meet the needs of the services
1. Driving license and use of a vehicle:
2. Experience of work with single parents: Prior experience of work with single parent families in a voluntary sector or statutory context would be helpful.
Terms & Conditions
1. Period of appointment: The post is funded until 31st March 2023. Confirmation of appointment will be dependent on completion of a satisfactory three-month probation period, satisfactory reference and Disclosure checks.
2. Salary: OPFS salary scale points 13 – 17, currently £22,542 - £27,552. Appointments will be made at a point reflective of previous experience.
3. Hours of work: 35 hours weekly with flexibility to meet the needs of clients.
4. Holidays: Annual leave entitlement is 25 days and 12 Public holidays.
5. Pension: You will be auto-enrolled from your start date. OPFS pays 7% of your salary and you pay a minimum of 3%.
6. Training, support and supervision: OPFS is committed to the development of its staff through internal training and access to external training. We also have an annual staff appraisal system in place and all staff receive regular monthly support and supervision from their manager.
7. Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage accreditation.
Closing date: The closing date is at 5pm Saturday 7th August. Please download an application from our website opfs.org.uk and email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact email@example.com 0131 556 3899 if you require a paper application form.