Queen Mary Avenue provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week residential support to 8 female individuals who have a
variety of support needs including mental health and addiction issues. All individuals have previously been
homeless or have been threatened with homelessness.
As Support Worker, you will:
- Work with individuals to build positive relationships to assist them to tackle the issues that led to their
- Provide support for individuals focused on recovery, daily living skills and moving into
their own tenancies;
- Crisis intervention will be required due to the complex nature of the client
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues
homeless people face;
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study
- Be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of
taking up the post.
*Please Note - this post is exempt under section 7 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, therefore only female
candidates will be considered.
Application packs for this position can be obtained via our website https://careers.hillcrest.org.uk/hillcrest/search/results/all/1
Closing Date: Friday 6th August 2021