We have an exciting new Rough Sleeper Projects launching in Camden & Islington. The project will provide coordinated and wrap around care to rough sleepers/street active individuals with substance misuse issues.
This is a rewarding opportunity to join a thriving service making positive changes in service users’ lives, through a non-judgemental, recovery-based approach that values the strengths and choices of those individuals.
About the Role
• Conduct street outreach to engage/reengage homeless individuals misusing substances.
• Deliver street-based interventions.
• Engage and build relationships with individuals who are rough sleepers/street active.
• Street-based needs assessments/harm reduction advice – including Naloxone distribution.
• Develop robust pathways between mental health and outreach/housing services.
• Support access/re-engagement with local treatment provider.
• Support Opiate users with rapid prescribing access with use of virtual prescribing clinics.
• Manage a case load of service users with complex needs, including substance misuse and mental health conditions, working with partner agencies to support them to become stable and ready to engage with local treatment providers.
• Work in collaboration with Housing teams, local authority, and other treatment agencies to minimise the prevalence of street drinking and anti-social behaviour by supporting people into treatment
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, caring, person centred and passionate about supporting people with multiple needs.
Essential to this role is the drive to support individuals to navigate often complex systems to get the support they need for substance misuse and their mental health condition.
The successful candidate will develop a new and exciting partnerships with mental health services, outreach/housing service to support those service users with a dual diagnosis and housing needs, bringing together the key aspects of housing, stability and mental wellness.
The job is outreach based. There are projects will be based in the boroughs of Camden & Islington.
Why should you apply?
• An opportunity to join one of WDP’s flagship services and contribute to service development.
• Be part of a high-performance team that is focused on quality and welcomes innovation.
• Competitive salary and professional develop opportunities.
• Friendly family leave, flexible working
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free parking
• Employee referral programme
• Free DBS check (initial cost of DBS check is covered)
For an informal chat about the role, contact, Eleanor Lyden-Vieten, Service Development Manager. Tel- 07412711726 E-mail: Eleanor.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website: wdp.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/vacancy/256/Outreach-Practitioner-Dual-Diagnosis-Lead---CamdenIslington
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 1st August 2021 at 00:00am
Interviews are likely to take place via Zoom, to support social distancing.
WDP and Our Values
WDP is an innovative behaviour change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
Diversity and Equality
Note: Please use your personal statement to highlight any relevant experience directly linked to the role you have applied for.