We have an exciting new Rough Sleeper Projects launching in Camden & Islington. The project will provide coordinated and wrap around care to rough sleepers/street active individuals with substance misuse issues.
This is a great opportunity to be involved with the set-up, and delivery of a brand-new service and finding the most effective and creative ways to engage with service users with multiple and often complex needs. You will work as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary outreach team to offer person centred support, and engagement into treatment.
We are looking for an individual who is proactive, caring, and passionate about supporting women to overcome barriers into treatment. Partnership collaboration is a must to ensure to holistic support and care navigation.
About the Role
• Conduct street outreach to engage/reengage homeless individuals misusing substances.
• Deliver street-based interventions.
• Close working with Women specific support agencies such as Solace/multi- agency forum (CMARAC).
• Engage and build relationships with women who are rough sleepers/street active.
• Street-based needs assessments/harm reduction advice – including Naloxone distribution.
• Deliver satellite provisions within local services e.g., GPs, probation, hostels etc.
• Support access/re-engagement with local treatment provider.
• Support Opiate users with rapid prescribing access with use of virtual prescribing clinics.
• Manage a case load of service users, working with partner agencies to support them to become stable and ready to engage with local treatment providers.
• Work in collaboration with Housing teams, local authority, and other treatment agencies to minimise the prevalence of street drinking and anti-social behaviour by supporting people into treatment
The job is outreach based. There are projects will be based in the boroughs of Camden & Islington.
Why should you apply?
• An opportunity to join one of WDP’s flagship services and contribute to service development.
• Be part of a high-performance team that is focused on quality and welcomes innovation.
• Competitive salary and professional develop opportunities.
• Friendly family leave, flexible working
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free parking
• Employee referral programme
• Free DBS check (initial cost of DBS check is covered)
For an informal chat about the role, contact, Eleanor Lyden-Vieten, Service Development Manager. Tel- 07412711726 E-mail: Eleanor.email@example.com
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website: wdp.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/vacancy/261/Specialist-Womens-Outreach-Practitioner--CamdenIslington-RSP
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 1st August 2021 at 00:00am
Interviews are likely to take place via Zoom, to support social distancing.
WDP and Our Values
WDP is an innovative behaviour change charity. We facilitate long-lasting transformation in people’s lives to improve health, wellbeing and social integration. We work across the fields of substance misuse, young person’s support, employability, sexual health and inpatient services.
All staff are required to work to WDP’s four values:
Diversity and Equality
Note: Please use your personal statement to highlight any relevant experience directly linked to the role you have applied for.