We are looking for a talented Head of Operations and Partnerships to join our team in a maternity cover position to help us provide world-leading learning and development in Scotland. This maternity cover offers the opportunity for a values-driven leader to join SEA at an exciting time of growth. You will join a highly skilled, motivated and supportive team and contribute to our mission to change the world through learning and development. This role is varied, offering input and experience across a range of areas and you will interact with a diverse and inspiring group of staff and stakeholders.
This is a senior leader position within the organisation, reporting to the CEO. The role is full time, however we will consider flexible hour options if requested. We would also welcome a secondment arrangement with agreement from current employer.
This is a diverse role offering the opportunity to focus on internal processes and innovation as well as networking with clients, partners and stakeholders and nurturing new relationships. Your role will be to lead key functions within the business including HR and programme delivery and support the overall leadership of the organisation as a member of the Leadership Team. Experience in a similar leadership position is desirable including the ability to work strategically and set an inspiring direction and vision for others.
You will lead a talented and highly skilled team and will be responsible for supporting and managing the team and maintaining a happy and innovative culture. You will be an experienced people manager with the ability to nurture talent and empower others to grow and develop, working with freedom and autonomy.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the criteria we have listed, so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
1. To provide leadership and oversight to key operations within the business including HR and planning and ensure the business remains compliant, innovative and high performing. Maintain and build on the positive internal culture in which all staff and facilitators feel able to grow and thrive.
2. To lead the development of existing and new partnerships, primarily in Scotland, and promote and champion the reputation of SEA. Contribute to the financial resilience and sustainability of SEA through business development and fundraising activity where required.
3. To provide effective organisational leadership as a member of the Leadership Team, contributing to organisational decisions and ensuring a safe operating environment for staff, associates and learners.
4. To oversee the delivery team and the management of contracts and programmes commissioned in Scotland and the UK, maintaining quality, driving innovation and building connections with the International Hub Network.
5. Provide overall team and line-management support to the Operations and Partnerships Team, maintaining a high performing team with an open and supportive culture.
• Oversee the HR and Wellbeing function including recruitment and retention, staff development, learning and development, staff mental health and wellbeing
• Support the financial management of the organisation in collaboration with the CEO and Finance Manager
• Represent the Academy to key stakeholders including attending events, taking part in sector-level meetings and groups
• Nurture existing partnerships and develop opportunities for collaboration and long-term strategic opportunities to support and strengthen the sector and the Academy
• Develop and implement strategic and operational plans for SEA, working closely with the Leadership Team and Board to lead the direction of the business over the long-term
• Support the development and effectiveness of the Leadership Team as a collective, engaging external support including consultants, mentors, coaches and training where required
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
The Social Enterprise Academy is a social change organisation: we exist to support people who are stepping forward to affect positive social change, wherever they may be. We exist to support the many, not the few.
Through dynamic learning and development programmes facilitated by our network of skilled facilitators, we help entrepreneurship and leadership to flourish in organisations, networks, schools and colleges.
With a 17 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 8 years with international partners through a social licence approach.
· Complete the application form and the equality and diversity monitoring form
· Send your application form and equality and diversity monitoring form in Word document format to email@example.com by 1pm, Friday 27th August 2021
· Please note that interviews will take place on 7th September 2021 via Zoom in-person dependent on public health guidelines and candidate requirements
More information available at: socialenterprise.academy/scot/join-the-team
If you have any questions or if you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments for the application or interview process please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org