Thistle are looking for a Lead Practitioner to support a team of Practitioners located within Midlothian GP
The post is for 33 hours and initially on a fixed term basis until October 2022.
- Are you a health and social care Practitioner with extensive experience of supporting people to self-manage
living with long term physical and mental health conditions?
- Can you support a team to cope with
supporting vulnerable people who experience significant psychosocial barriers and health inequalities
you believe people have strengths, are resilient and are experts in their own lives?
- Do you thrive
working autonomously in the community setting?
- Do you have excellent solution focused coaching and group
- Do you possess the self-belief and courage to influence change in the world around
If you do, then we would like to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Lead Practitioner to support one of Thistle’s Midlothian Health and Wellbeing cluster
Teams. The post holder will:
- Support a team of Practitioners to deliver our Midlothian GP contract
- Deliver holistic one-to-one and group based self-management support to people living with long term health condition(s) across Midlothian
- Practice persistent engagement to help people who struggle to receive support
- Support volunteers/paid peer supporters who have lived experience of long-term conditions and are supporting the Health and Wellbeing team.
- Use a monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework to learn and develop practice
- Develop and maintain links with referrers and services and supports we signpost people
To apply please visit our website
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 midday on Tuesday 3rd August 2021.
- Stage 1 of the recruitment process will take place online on Tuesday 17th August.
- Stage 2 will take place at Thistle hub on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th August 2021.
- Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Successful applicants will be subject to a PVG check