Scottish Recovery Consortium (SRC) are looking for a dynamic team player who can deliver self-managed outcomes within a small team committed to recovery values. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable passion to make recovery from substance use happen in every Scottish prison coupled with direct experience of working within SPS or prison healthcare for a number of years.
This role is central to delivering the Scottish Government’s ‘Rights, Respect and Recovery’ national substance use policy within criminal justice and treatment environments.
SRC ‘Support, Represent and Connect’ people with lived experience of dependency issues and recovery. As part of our team you will work at a national policy level, regionally within every prison and their staff teams, work with recovery communities, individual Recoverists (Recovery Activists) and multiple statutory and third sector agencies to ensure recovery is accessible to all prisoners across the national estate. You will have a track record of working alongside lived experience as well as healthcare and prison professionals.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability to work with lived experience volunteers, staff and strategic decision makers in order to deliver the following:
· Recovery development in every prison in Scotland;
· Improvement of Recovery Orientated Systems of Care (ROSC) within treatment and SPS operational systems;
· The delivery of a rights based and person-centered approach amongst staff and service users;
· Improvement in throughcare opportunities for prisoners and assertive connection to community supports (in particular, recovery community networks and lived experience recovery organisations);
· Support the work of SPS national recovery network and lead the development of knowledge and competencies amongst professionals and prisoners to make recovery happen.
If you think you have what we are looking for please contact our Chief Executive (Jardine Simpson) for an informal conversation on 0141 559 6933 about this exciting new role and to find out if our vision matches yours.
Our deadline for applications for the position is close of business on Wednesday 11th August with a view to interviews being conducted on or around Tuesday 24th August 2021.
The successful candidates post offer will subject to full SPS checks.
For further information, please visit: scottishrecoveryconsortium.org/prison-health-officer