Youth and Family Support Workers – ADAPT for CashBack Project – West Dunbartonshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Youth and Family Support Workers to deliver an early intervention service to young people within the West Dunbartonshire area who are aged between 10 – 15 and are on the periphery of offending. The successful candidate will work within the local community to provide 1 to 1 relationship based support to young people and their families/carers.
Do you believe that young people are never beyond help and that with support they can achieve better things and reach their full potential?
Are you able to build professional relationships that matter, built on trust and mutual respect?
Are you committed and able to support young people by not giving up on them and continuing to support them when it matters most?
Do you believe that for lasting change to be achieved that it needs to be made across all generations?
All posts require individuals to:
· Build effective relationships with young people and their families and engage them in 1 to 1 support within their local community
· Identify and record individual support needs and work collaboratively with young people and their families to develop and deliver a sustainable individual support plan based upon presenting and underlying behaviours
· Use appropriate tools in order to help young people and families understand the impact of their behaviour within the wider community
· Use communication skills effectively to influence, record and evidence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support
· Work in partnership with existing community resources, organisations and supports to sustain positive change with families
· Develop and deliver groupwork activities
· Become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme (paid for by Includem)
· To be registered or become registered with Scottish Social Services Council and hold or be willing to work towards HNC Social Care and SVQ 3 in Social Care or equivalent (qualifications are fully funded by includem)
· Have a driver’s licence and access to a car for work purposes
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
· A full and robust training and induction programme
· Holiday entitlement of 28 days rising to 31 with length of service and 9 public holidays
· Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
· Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
· Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
· Free Vehicle Breakdown Cover
· Company Mobile Phone and Laptop
· Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations Credit Union
· Discounted holidays and associated benefits
· Access to discounts for charity workers which includes gym memberships, high street shops, online retailers, travel, insurance
· Flexible and agile working
· Family friendly policies
* CashBack for Communities is a unique Scottish Government programme which takes money seized from criminals under the proceeds of crime legislation and invests them in our future – our young people.
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact our HR department on 0141 212 8800 who will arrange for an informal chat with the recruiting manager.
You can apply directly online via the includem website (includem.org).
Alternatively, you can request a pack by e-mailing email@example.com or contact our Head Office on the number above.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 8th August 2021 at midnight.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted a group selection event will take place via video conferencing on Thursday 12th August 2021. If you are successful following the group selection event individual interviews will take place on Thursday 19th August 2021.