Moving On Inverclyde is a community-based service supporting adults who are recovering from problematic substance use (alcohol and drugs) in Inverclyde.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team as an Early Intervention project worker. You will work in a person-centred way alongside service users entering our service to support their individual needs. You will require to have a relevant qualification in health or social care at a minimum of SVQ3 or HNC level.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential, as you will work alongside various partner agencies and groups.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the role will involve:
• Attending allocations meetings with local partner agencies to identify referrals to our service
• Taking referrals for the service
• Carrying out needs assessments with service users
• Drawing up recovery plans with service users
• Providing one-to-one support to service users in a variety of locations, including Moving On offices, local venues and service users’ own homes
• Working effectively as a member of Moving On’s wider staff team
• Maintaining clear verbal and written communications with Moving On colleagues and external agencies
• Maintaining clear written records
• Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of recovery plans with service users
• Following Moving On’s policies & procedures and appropriate codes of conduct at all times
The post will involve some out of hours working, including evenings and weekends.
For an application pack please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01475 735 200
For an informal chat, you can call Bruce Thomson, Service Manager on 07306 374 188
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2021