VOCAL is the leading carer organisation in Edinburgh and Midlothian. We are seeking a qualified and experienced counsellor to provide counselling to adult carers aged 18 years and over based at our Midlothian office. The counselling service is on the COSCA Register of Recognised Organisations. Sessional counsellors receive individual clinical supervision from a supervisor employed by VOCAL and will report to the Counselling Service Manager who will line manage the work.
Aims of the counselling service
Provide counselling to adult carers (18 and older) who provide unpaid care to a family member, partner, relative or friend who requires help to manage a long term illness, disability, physical or mental health problem or drug/alcohol addiction in Edinburgh and/or Midlothian.
Tasks and responsibilities
· To provide individual counselling to adult carers in line with existing counselling service models and as stated in the service’s own Code of Practice for Counsellors.
· To adhere to the COSCA Statement of Ethics and BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Profession.
· To undertake initial intake sessions as required in line with service demand.
· Ensure appropriate session notes and records are kept, i.e. CORE Net.
Essential qualifications and experience
· A postgraduate Diploma in Counselling from a recognised educational establishment.
· A minimum of 200 post-qualifying client hours.
· Registered with professional body, i.e. COSCA, BACP, UKCP or equivalent
· Experience in working with adults experiencing anxiety, depression and trauma.
· A genuine desire to work with carers and an understanding of issues relevant to carers.
Desirable qualifications and experience
· Experience of using CORE Net web based system with counselling clients.
· Experience of working in a voluntary sector counselling service.
· Accreditation with COSCA, BACP, UKCP or equivalent.
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com or by post to Angela Genetti, Counselling Service Manager, VOCAL Edinburgh Carers’ Hub, 60 Leith Walk, Edinburgh EH6 5HB. For further information please contact Angela on 0131 4668082.
Closing date: Friday 30 July 2021, 12noon
Interviews: Week commencing 9th August 2021