SERVICE: BETTER THAN WELL
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the job is to deliver our supported self-help service, Better than Well which is supported by the Scottish Government’s Survivor Support Innovation and Development Fund and Action 15 from Fife’s Health and Social Care Partnership.
Better than Well provides up to 8 one-to-one supported self-help sessions to adults who have experienced childhood trauma in Fife, particularly those who have found it difficult to engage with other services. The service is available to all adults who have experienced childhood trauma, but there will be an additional effort to engage with people who have also experienced homelessness.
Better than Well also provides trauma-informed practice training to frontline professionals both across Link Group of companies and to external partner agencies.
• Provide a trauma-informed service which responds to support the mental health needs of clients through the provision of safety and stabilisation, reducing the risk of serious deterioration in the health of the people we support.
• Provide bridges between:
o External agencies/partners, e.g. GPs and self-referrals to our service
o Our service and non-NHS sources of specialist support
o Our service and NHS services which provide longer-term specialist support
• Provide a person-centred service which responds flexibly and quickly to the particular mental health needs of adults who have experienced childhood trauma.
• Provide a service to a group of people who experience multiple disadvantage
• Deliver sessions in-person or using remote delivery methods
• Deliver Trauma-Informed Practice training based on the NES Framework to internal and external partners
The postholder will be expected to demonstrate LinkLiving’s core values of:
• Empathy (listen to and understand an individual’s needs and circumstances)
• Respect (treat others the way they wish to be treated)
• Integrity (be honest and have strong moral principles)
• Caring (show kindness and concern for others)
Closing date: 28 July.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website