Crown Estate Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Engagement Manager to join our team on a full-time
We manage property – including buildings, land, coastline and seabed – on behalf of people of Scotland. Our purpose
is to invest in property, natural resources and people to generate lasting value for Scotland. Our profits go to
Scottish public spending.
We work in a way that:
- Generates prosperity and value for all of Scotland;
- Supports the growth of sustainable business and
industry in Scottish seas and on the coast;
- Makes places better for those who live, work and visit
- Promotes sustainable ways of producing energy, food, and other products; and
opportunities for people to use and benefit from the Scottish Crown Estate.
Our values of Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Commercialism help us to put our purpose into practice. They
shape how we work, underpin our actions, and help to make Crown Estate Scotland a great place to work.
About the role
The successful candidate/s for this new role within the organisation will be responsible for:
- Managing business and/or strategic relationships with stakeholders, clients and communities that help Crown
Estate Scotland achieve its purpose of ‘investing in property, natural resources and people to generate lasting
value for Scotland’.
- Representing Crown Estate Scotland at a regional level with an emphasis on the
North East region (for example Grampian, Angus, Moray, Cairngorms, Tayside areas and including Glenlivet and
- Co-ordinating and leading engagement with regional/local actors including local
authorities, enterprise agencies and community bodies
- Identifying (and communicating internally)
relevant strategic and local opportunities for Crown Estate Scotland to add value as an enabler or through
specific investment projects
- They will support the Partnership Manager to
- Deliver material
outcomes in a way that builds trust and the credibility of the organisation as a whole.
establish and maintain positive, trusting business relationships with tenants, communities and wider
The role will be based remotely within the North East of Scotland from home, our Glenlivet Estate Office, or
co-located within a partner office depending on the role holder’s circumstance - so applicants so should ideally
have good access to public transport around the region and good broadband connection speeds.
Frequent travel within Scotland may be required.
There will also be the opportunity to request to work flexibly in line with Crown Estate Scotland policies and
The starting salary will be £39,354 with potential for future progression as well as eligibility of annual cost of
living rises. The maximum salary for this role is currently £47,086. The role also benefits from 25 days’ annual
leave, increasing to 30 days after four years’ service, plus 11.5 of public/ privilege days. Crown Estate
Scotland encourage flexible working and operate a discretionary flexi-time scheme. This role offers
participation in the Civil Service pension scheme.
- Be educated to undergraduate degree level or equivalent in a subject relevant to Crown Estate Scotland’s business areas and/or community development.
- Have experience of working with communities, particularly those most relevant to the Scottish Crown Estate in the north/eastern region such as rural land use, energy, built development, river salmon fishing, coastal or maritime.
- Have experience of project management and development.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships - and to engage effectively with internal and external contacts.
- You will have the following qualities, which are key to success in this role:
- Excellent attention to detail
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to deliver timely outcomes in a complex, busy working environment sometimes with competing priorities
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office products (such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, MS Teams)
Applications for this post have closed.