WAEML provides information, support and accommodation to women (including trans-women), children and young people who have experienced domestic abuse. If you can commit to upholding the rights of women, children and young people, this may be the job for you.
We have 1 x Full Time vacancy for experienced support workers. You will work using a multi-agency, trauma informed approach and your case load will include individual and group work support.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years work experience. Membership of the PVG scheme is an essential requirement and you should be qualified to a minimum of SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
The post is available on a fixed term contract until the June 2022. Travel across East Lothian and Midlothian is required therefore a full current driving licence and constant access to a car is essential.
In return you can expect:
· A comprehensive induction process
· A commitment to your professional training and development
· Access to employee benefits, optical cover, dental cover, counselling services and more*
· Access to cycle to work scheme
· Family friendly work environment
· Excellent working conditions and ongoing support
· 5% contribution to workplace pension scheme
WAEML positively welcomes applicants from within all sections of the community although are except under Schedule 9(Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010 and therefore only women need apply. We would particularly welcome bilingual applicants.
Closing date for all applicants is Thursday 26th August 2021,
Interviews Via Zoom will take place on Tuesday 31st August 2021.
*these benefits are accrued after successful completion of probationary period