Interested in making a difference to the lives of young people and improving and increasing physical activity?
basketballscotland are recruiting a Basketball Social Impact Officer for their CashBack Schools of Basketball to
positively impact the lives of young people. We are seeking someone who is skilled and experienced in youth
Work alongside an experienced basketball coach to change the lives of a group of 11-14-year-olds. The aim is to have
a positive impact by building confidence, enhance physical and mental well-being and improve the learning and
employability of those previously identified as most at risk of progressing into anti-social behaviour or
- Work within and out with the school to deliver successful outcomes for the CashBack School of Basketball (CSoB). This will include: 1-2-1 mentoring with young people; personal planning for young people; work collaboratively with national and regional partners; monitoring and reporting; supporting young people to obtain accredited and non-accredited qualifications; and, community development opportunities.
- Utilising your youth work skill set, establish, support and deliver personalised support plans to the young people in the CSoB school who may be most at risk of progressing to anti-social behaviour or crime, in order to increase their employability and employment options.
- Support young people to attend basketball sessions within their community, outside of regular school hours
- Deliver activities to young people (in and out of school) which are centred around mental health and mindfulness to help them contribute positively to their communities.
- Develop and build strong community relationships with external stakeholders i.e. sportscotland, schools, Active Schools, Universities, SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health), SSF (Scottish Sport Futures) and develop relationships with youth networks.
Further details about the role and how to apply can be found below.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 28th July 2021.