Our Services provide care and support twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, within our three temporary supported accommodation services located across Edinburgh.
We support both male and female individuals who are homeless, and have a variety of support needs, including substance misuse and mental health.
As a Support Worker you will:
· Move individuals on from the projects and resettle them in the community in a permanent housing option suited to their needs;
· Build supportive relationships with individuals and external parties to tackle the issues that led to homelessness and support them to live an independent life in a new home;
· Provide support to individuals to enable them to achieve their goals and work on the areas of their lives that they want to change and, or learn or re-learn skills.
· Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group and have compassion and understanding for the issues homeless people face;
· Have good timekeeping, time-management and organisational skills;
· Work to a rota that involves backshifts and weekend working;
· Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the ability and willingness to undertake study to achieve this;
· Be required to obtain registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within six months of taking up the post.
To apply, please visit our website: careers.hillcrest.org.uk/hillcrest/search/results/all/1