Recovery Workers work in small collaborative teams to provide people with recovery focused support to enhance their
mental wellbeing. In line with Penumbra’s values, Recovery Workers assist people who use the service to work
towards their individual outcomes and identified goals, as detailed in their personal plan.
Within the homelessness service recovery workers also provide support and advice to adults who are at risk of
becoming homeless, we also support people to set up their first home after a period of homelessness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist people who use the service to work toward their identified goals, and move towards a brighter future as per the agreed personal plan.
- Use Penumbra’s Recovery tools (e.g. I.ROC, HOPE toolkit).
- Update and maintain relevant recording systems, including computer-based systems.
- Meet regularly with other team members to review progress, approach concerns and plans for moving forward
- Assist in project work as required.
- Work in cooperation with colleagues, and staff from other agencies.
- Work in accordance to Penumbra’s policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with other members of the team, and liaise effectively with families, agencies, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- Uphold Penumbra’s Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC as appropriate and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements.
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required.
All applicants must complete and submit an application.
Please visit penumbra.org.uk/vacancies to complete an online application form.
Closing date for applications is: Sunday 27th June 2021 at 7pm.
Interviews will be held on: TBC