This service will provide a rapid-response for people who have been bereaved by suicide. The post-holder will work
within a team of Practitioners that will provide early advice and assistance to bereaved families in Ayrshire
and Arran. The Assistant Support Manager will provide direct support to people bereaved by suicide and will also
contribute to the management of the service, including supporting and supervising staff, maintaining records and
providing accurate information on service performance.
This is a unique role where empathy, good listening skills, the ability to gain trust quickly and build a therapeutic
relationship are essential.
It is anticipated that the service will run 9am to 6pm, 7 days per week and the service will be provided by the team
on a rota basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Support Manager to ensure the service meets its objectives.
- Provide direct support to people bereaved by Suicide
- Work collaboratively with statutory services such as NHS specialist mental health services and GP’s, to ensure that joined-up, holistic support is offered to families.
- Provide practical support and supervision to Practitioners and/or Recovery/Peer Workers as required.
- Assist in the management of the support team in relation to work practice, conduct, absence, supervision, support and the identification of training needs.
- Assist in the induction of new employees and in the recruitment process where required.
- Assist the Support Manager to adequately deploy staff to meet the support needs of people who use the service.
- Assist in the monitoring and administration of the project budget and accounts.
- Ensure that all financial and other records are maintained accurately, and that all reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Assist with any further tasks or projects as required.
- Develop effective relationships with other groups and agencies in the area
- Be responsible for maintaining the relevant systems of documentation.
- Provide accurate information and reports as required.
- Participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- Uphold Penumbra’s Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC if required and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required
- Work in accordance with all Penumbra’s policies and procedures.
To find out more and to apply, please visit our