The SWI, founded in 1917, has over 12,000 members in 599 groups
(institutes) all over Scotland. Our mission is to provide opportunities at local and national level to bring women together to learn; share knowledge, experiences and interests; have fun and respect all women as individuals.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative individual to support engagement with our current and prospective members. The role will initially be 21.5 hours per week (flexible hours) developing relationships with existing members, enhancing our social media profile and supporting our Communications Committee.
The intention is for the role to become full time, or job-share to be introduced to bring the role up to full times hours next year when covid restrictions allow face-to-face events again and when we may bring all social media content creation in-house. The role will involve promoting SWI membership at internal and external events around Scotland which may include evening or weekends with time given back in lieu or overtime payment if preferred. (roughly 12 per year).
The Membership Engagement Officer can be based anywhere in Scotland but must be able to visit our Head Quarters in Edinburgh a minimum of twice per month.
We need someone:
• With excellent communication and networking skills.
• Who is creative and has excellent presentation skills for social media, newsletters, online events etc.
• Enthusiastic, proactive and confident.
• Able to work alone on their own initiative and together with the existing staff and Communications Committee.
• Committed to diversity and inclusion.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• With a driving licence and own transport.
In the first instance please submit your CV and covering letter to the Chief Executive Raymond Pratt e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applicants: Wednesday 11 August