Reports to:Project Manager
Department: OPFS North Lanarkshire Service
One Parent Families Scotland
One Parent Families Scotland is the leading charity working with single parent families in Scotland. Building on over
seventy years of advocacy and service-delivery expertise, OPFS provides expert information, advice, and support
for one parent families, along with training activities, employability programmes and flexible childcare. OPFS
campaigns with parents to make their voices heard to change the systems, policies and attitudes that
disadvantage single parent families. Our vision is of a Scotland in which single parents and their children are
valued and treated equally and fairly.
To provide administration support and assistance to the Project Manager for the day-to-day delivery of OPFS
Lanarkshire Service. The sharing of research and content on advice issues with advice workers to develop advice
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- General Administration: Record and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; filing; word processing; answering
telephone calls; dealing with repairs and faults to photocopier, printers and other office equipment and general
- Advice and Information: Ensure clients are initially given the correct advice /
support and guidance when telephoning the office for appointments and that they are subsequently passed to the
most appropriate member of staff.
- Finance: Accurately recording and processing all purchase invoices and
- expenses, ensuring correct coding and authorisation; filing; and providing support to staff at
- Minutes: Taking minutes of Staff Meetings and other relevant meetings when
- Client Information: Responsible for day-to-day client work such as referrals, standard
letters, updating database.
- Office supplies: Placing orders for stationery and other office
- Room bookings: Responsible for Room Booking and the preparation of rooms for training events and
meetings including seating arrangements, refreshments, etc.
- Personnel: Updating HR files and documents
on SharePoint. Other related tasks to Personnel Documentation both electronic and manual as
- SharePoint: Support and advise staff on all aspects of functionality.
- Social Media:
Responsible for the monitoring and update of the OPFS Lanarkshire Facebook page.
- Absence Monitoring:
Record and file absence sheets.
- Annual Leave: Create annual leave sheets.
Corporate Responsibilities Include:
- A commitment to the work of OPFS and our vision and mission
- Able to work confidentially in a digital
environment, including standard Microsoft office software packages and cloud-based CRM databases
- To take
a flexible approach to work and duties within your range of responsibility and carrying out other duties as
directed by Managers.
- To actively contribute to organisational cohesion, encouraging cross-team working,
and a positive problem-solving approach.
- To work in line with OPFS's values and Code of
- To take personal responsibility and ensure compliance with corporate policies including
safeguarding, confidentiality, health and safety and data protection
- To champion and promote equal
opportunities and diversity both in your area of work and the wider organisation.
- To ensure single
parent voices and experience informs the design and development of your work where appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective oral, written, and electronic communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
Terms & Conditions
- Period of appointment: Confirmation of appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month
probationary period, references, and receipt of a satisfactory disclosure check.
- Salary: Point 7-11,
£18,912 - £23,116 per annum pro rata for 21 hours is £11347 - £13870.
- Hours of work: 21 hours weekly,
hours to be agreed to meet the needs of the job.
- Holidays: Holiday entitlement of 5.6 weeks per annum an
additional 5 days per year after 5 years’ service which will be calculated pro rata for 21 hours per
- Pension: You will be auto enrolled from your start date. OPFS pays 7% of your salary and you pay a
minimum of 3%.
- Training, support, and supervision: You will receive quarterly individual support and
supervision from the Line Manager and annual appraisals. Regular team meetings are held, and staff have access
to internal and external training.
- Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be
an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all
possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
Closing date: 18th June, 5pm
To find out more and to apply, please visit our website https://opfs.org.uk/get-involved/work-with-us/