Carr Gomm is one of Scotland’s leading social care and community development charities; we strive to support people to achieve their individual hopes and dreams every day. We know our work is challenging and very rewarding, and we require people with a flexible and inspirational approach who are able to find innovative solutions with people, not for them.
As our Finance Manager, you will be instrumental in supporting, managing and developing members of the Finance team whilst maintaining an operational overview of the entire Finance function.
Responsibilities & Success Factors:
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Finance Team to ensure financial controls, systems and procedures are up to date, fit for purpose and adhered to whilst demonstrating Carr Gomm’s values of; Choice, Control, Interdependence, Respect, Openness & Honesty and Efficiency, Joint Working and Involvement.
Success in the role includes:
• Supporting, managing and developing members of the Finance Team
• Preparing and issuing of accurate and timely monthly management accounts (including month end close).
• Providing information, advice and support to colleagues on a range of Finance-related issues e.g. management accounts queries, interpretation and compliance with Charities SORP and organisational Finance-related policies and procedures.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
• Deputising for Senior Operations Manager (Finance) as required.
This job description describes the practical purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they exist currently, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule.
Who we are looking for…
Successful Finance Managers come from different backgrounds and have a range of work and life experiences. All are experienced professionals who can be reliable, consistent, focused and flexible in both their outlook and approach.
In our eyes, the best Finance Managers are positive, proactive and results-driven team players with a can do attitude and a continuous improvement mind-set. We expect that you will have a significant experience of line management within a Finance function, a professional accountancy qualification, or be qualified by experience, and have an understanding of the Scottish Social Care sector.
Please visit our website to apply
Closing date: 11th June 2021