Responsible To: On a daily basis, to the ‘Person in Charge’
Aims of the Post:Provide person-centred (outcome focused) care for Seagrove Members, all of whom have a
diagnosis of dementia; with the aim of preventing or delaying the need for residential care. And to effectively
implement all of NEDC’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST:
- Following NEDC Health & Safety Policy and Working Practice Guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of
members both within and outside of the centre.
- Working towards the National Care Standards for the
- Working within the Scottish Social Services Codes of Practice.
- Carrying out escort
duties as designated by the Person-In-Charge. This includes ensuring all members are supported in a safe and
professional and following all applicable Risk Assessments.
- Providing effective person-centred support
(outcome focussed) day care to members to enable them to choose and participate full in the activities offered /
- Attending sensitively to the personal care needs of members.
- Working alongside team
members in a supportive and enabling manner.
- Actively listening to the needs of members, and relaying
all relevant information to the Person-In-Charge in a timely fashion.
- Communicating relevant information
to carers / other agencies / relevant bodies, in strict consultation with the Person-In-Charge, and respecting
- Contributing ideas to the ongoing development of the Service.
- Completing of all
associated day care / care plan documentation in a timely and professional manner.
- Completion of various
domestic tasks as directed by the Person-In-Charge.
- Attending and participating in all staff meetings,
and reading / signing the associated minutes of these.
- Be a designated Key Worker to named individuals,
with additional responsibility for carrying out this additional role.
- Be aware of Health and Safety
responsibilities towards the wider public when carrying out your duties.
- Other duties assigned by the
Person-In-Charge from time to time, which reasonably fall within the scope of this post.
- Participate in 8-weekly/as required Support and Supervision sessions with the Centre Manager, or designated line
- Participate in a system of annual staff appraisals, to identify training and development
- Attend relevant training courses and in-service training, in consultation with the Centre Manager
and subject to budgetary constraints.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SVQ 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent is required.
- An ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of person-centred care and the challenges facing people living with dementia.
- Awareness of and ability to work with people who exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work effectively alongside volunteers and trainees in a supportive and enabling manner.
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse range of contacts and present a positive public image for the project.
- To work in a professional manner and to support N.E.D.C.
Closing Date: 20th September