SAMH is Scotland’s mental health charity. For almost 100 years SAMH has promoted the importance of good mental health; delivered dynamic and innovative recovery-focused services across Scotland; campaigned on behalf of people with mental health problems; and challenged stigma and discrimination.
At a time when mental health has never been more to the forefront of individual and social conscience, we are looking to recruit into the key role of Head of Fundraising.
With overall responsibility for the strategic leadership of the Fundraising Department, you will develop and direct a new and ambitious fundraising strategy that will create a balanced portfolio of income sources that underpins sustainable growth. Through the development of new and compelling cases for support that “bring SAMH’s stories to life”, as appropriate, you will galvanise the huge potential of our supporters and enable the ground-breaking work that SAMH undertakes to help save and transform lives.
A seasoned and collaborative fundraiser with excellent people management skills and able to demonstrate the energy, drive and enthusiasm for this opportunity. An accomplished communicator, you will have instant credibility when engaging with both internal and external stakeholders the successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
• An excellent understanding of the fundraising mix (e.g Grant-making trusts and foundations, major gifts, community fundraising, individual giving, corporate engagement and legacies)
• An outstanding and demonstrable track record in delivering ambitious fundraising initiatives, meeting stretching targets and managing a significant income and expenditure budget
• Direct involvement in developing cases for support to meet specific objectives and interests for restricted and unrestricted funding
• Direct and relevant experience developing and managing high quality relationships with high net worth individuals, corporates, charitable trusts and foundations to achieve significant gifts
• A creative and strategic approach to donor cultivation, audience engagement and long term planning – developing existing and attracting new audiences
• The ability to recognise and respond creatively to emerging fundraising/business opportunities
If you share our passion and vision for a society where people are able to live their lives fully, regardless of present or past circumstances we would be delighted to receive an application from you. For more information on this exciting role please contact Douglas Adam at Livingston James, our retained recruitment partner email@example.com
NB: As an organisation SAMH embraces flexible working and the successful candidate could be based in either Edinburgh or Glasgow
SAMH is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.