The role of the Family Practitioner is to deliver a range of targeted individual and group interventions with parents, carers, children and young people within a school setting to improve outcomes for children and their families. This role, is in line with our ethos, which places an emphasis on early intervention.
As our new Family Practitioner, you will work in partnership with parents to strengthen parental capacity and family relationships, especially with relation to managing challenging behaviour, and to increase parental engagement in their local school community and in children’s education and development. In this role, you will include a combination of face to face work in schools in the allocated area and remote working from home or office.
We very much welcome a range of clinical backgrounds with relevant parenting work experience, and are especially interested in applications from clinical psychologists, family therapists, social workers and counselling psychologists as well as counsellors and psychotherapists.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Engage with families and develop and maintain a supportive and empowering relationship founded on mutual respect, trust and the existing strengths of families.
• Maintain a caseload of families, providing individual support and group interventions as part of the child/family action plan.
• Work in partnership with parents to encourage independence and self-reliance and to help them to develop a consistent and positive approach to parenting aimed at addressing behaviour's and overcoming challenges.
• Promote and facilitate parental understanding of a child’s needs.
In addition you'll hold membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/UKCP/NCS/BPS – BASW (British Association for Social Workers)/AFT (Association for Family Practice and Systemic Practice)'.
The successful candidate will have:
• a recognised clinical qualification in family interventions/counselling/Childhood Development/Social Work
• a recognised membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/UKCP/NCS/BPS – BASW (British Association for Social Workers)/AFT (Association for Family Practice and Systemic Practice)
• post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people, families and schools
• a clear understanding of child protection policy and procedures and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
• Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
• Robust Learning and Development Programme
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
• Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
• Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
To apply or to view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification, please visit our website for further details place2be.org.uk/jobs
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd May 2021
ZOOM Video Interview