Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and young people with a learning disability and or Autism?
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 family focused, warm friendly, resourceful and empathetic individuals to join our newly extended Disability Service as Family Workers.
At Options Fife we have been providing person centred services to children and young people with a learning disability and/or Autism for over 25yrs. Our new family support workers will enhance the existing provision offered, enabling whole family support for children and families with complex learning needs.
As a Family Support Worker, you will offer emotional and direct practical help to families experiencing short- or long-term challenges. You will work with families, identifying areas where support is required, working with them to co-produce a family support plan which will be individually tailored to their child’s and family’s needs. You will agree outcomes and personal goals within the child’s plan
The role of the family worker will be diverse and wide ranging and will include the following:
· Promote and develop healthy routines, including sleep.
· Provide practical support with personal care.
· Support the development of play routines.
· Support parents to address difficulties and reduce risks
· Build upon parents existing knowledge and Equip them with enabling strategies and tools.
· Support families to have positive and rewarding relationships.
· Support families to implement structure, identify triggers and understand the function and purpose of their child’s behaviour. And reduce challenges from escalating.
· Along with families, Liaise and work with partners and colleagues from Social Work, Health and Education to assess, review and evaluate progress.
You will have experience of supporting children and families with a learning disability and Autism. You will have up-to -date knowledge of best practice and supporting tools and interventions.
Working hours will be 37.5 per week across 7 days between the hours of 7am and 10pm. The days and hours worked will be agreed with families within the family support plan. There may also occasionally be a need to provide additional supports out with these times and to be able to respond to crisis and family stress.
Please go to our website aberlour.org.uk/jobs where you can apply on-line. If you have any queries please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are welcome from diverse ethnic minority and cultural communities, and under-represented faith and religious groups.
Aberlour is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our service users and uses a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
Applications to be returned by: noon on 14th May 2021
A Scottish Guarantee Co No: SC312912 Scottish Charity No. SC007991