Please note; In order to ensure the organisation can offer both male and female counsellors to clients, there is a genuine occupational requirement to ensure that we recruit a male Senior Counsellor/Practice Supervisor and therefore this post is only open to men (exempt under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010).
The Senior Counsellor/Practice Supervisor will provide a counselling, advice and information service for individuals aged 16 and over with problematic alcohol use or affected by other people’s problematic alcohol use. Also manage and coordinate a high-quality Practice Supervision service within GCA, ensuring all volunteers and students receive appropriate practice supervision, support and guidance. The service will be provided from North Claremont Street Office and community settings.
In return for choosing to work for GCA, the benefits you will receive are:
• Very generous annual leave entitlement: full time employees start with an annual leave entitlement of 37 days (inclusive of 12 bank holidays) which increases to 38 days after 2 years, 40 days after 5 years and 42 days after 10 years length of service.
• 5 duvet days where employees may take time off at short notice.
• Death in service policy of 2 times salary.
• Cycle to work scheme where employees can save money on a new bike and spread the cost.
• Training and development commitment to help employees perform to the best of their abilities.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol (GCA) was founded in 1965 and is the oldest established Council on Alcohol in Scotland. GCA is a voluntary organisation working to reduce the harm caused by alcohol misuse through the provision of a range of high quality advice, information, counselling, support, prevention and education and training services.
For an application pack please head to our website glasgowcouncilonalcohol.org or download below.
If you need the application form in an alternative format please contact Glasgow Council on Alcohol, 14 North Claremont Street, Glasgow G3 7LE Tel: 0141 353 1800 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: A PVG membership will be required for this post. This will be arranged by Glasgow Council on Alcohol.
No CV’s please, submit completed applications to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021
Date of shortlisting meeting to select candidates for interview: Wednesday 5th May 2021
Date of interviews: Wednesday 19th May 2021
Date of appointment: ASAP