Introduction & Background:
West Lothian Social Enterprise Network (WLSEN) is a membership organisation that aims to support and develop social enterprises in the area. WLSEN offers peer support, resource sharing, market development, promotion of local social enterprise and a focal point for issues specific to social enterprises in West Lothian.
The Network has been operating for over 7 years, is a registered Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee and is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors. It is currently contracted to deliver support to social enterprises in the area by West Lothian Council and on behalf of Voluntary Sector Gateway West Lothian (VSGWL), it delivers the social enterprise support element of the local Third Sector Interface contract.
WLSEN has a good profile with local strategic partners and now boasts a membership of 66 social enterprises across West Lothian.
As the Network manager you will support the network to achieve its strategic objectives:
• Help social enterprises become more sustainable in relation to their triple bottom-line socially, economically and environmentally
• Raise awareness of social enterprise in West Lothian and increase understanding of the added value social enterprises bring
• Help increase the visibility of social enterprises in West Lothian locally and nationally.
• Work positively at a local and national level, engaging with partners such as West Lothian Council and Voluntary Sector Gateway West Lothian
• Contribute to the wider economic, social and cultural agenda and debates in West Lothian
• Foster a culture of mutual support and co-operation amongst social enterprises and inform members of issues, developments and opportunities.
• Foster growth within the sector including taking initiatives that will increase trading activity, innovation and business development.
• Represent members at a local and national level
An application pack is available for download below.
Applications should be made using our application form and be submitted before the closing date of 27th April 2021 at 12noon. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org