As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to support the employer, a disabled man and powerchair-user in his late 20s, to pursue his ambitions and live as independently as possible. You will support the employer with social, work-related and domestic activities in a variety of settings.
· Assist the employer with a range of activities, including meeting friends/attending social events, going for a walk, to the cinema, accessing employment, managing administrative tasks (and enable him to pursue his other interests, desires and goals in general).
· Assist the employer out and about, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
· Assist the employer with tidying, laundry, shopping and other household tasks.
· Assist the employer with eating, drinking and preparing food.
· Assist the employer with dressing and personal care, including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
· Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
· Excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
· Previous experience supporting a disabled person is desirable, but not essential.
· Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
· Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
· Opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
· Interviews will be conducted via video call.
· Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
· Training is provided.
An application form is available for download below.
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to email@example.com