Our new Bright Light Relationship Counselling Manager will lead and manage the successful delivery and evaluation of
our successful high-quality therapeutic counselling and support services, within Bright Light’s service delivery
framework and in line with BACP/BABCP/COSCA (or equivalent) ethical frameworks and codes of practice.
An exciting opportunity to use your skills to:
- Manage and direct delivery of counselling service operations to agreed standards and outcomes to ensure delivery
of quality non-judgemental counselling practice and exceptional customer care to our clients;
effective leadership of our self-employed counsellor team;
- Draw on extensive professional counselling
clinical expertise and practice to support current counselling delivery arrangements and influence future
development of these;
- Provide counselling statistical, financial and other operational data to the CEO
and to appropriate others as required.
- provide written reports and other information to CEO and Board as
- Contribute to social media activity and partnership working to maintain a strong positive
presence internally and externally.
The post offers plenty of scope to use your initiative and problem-solving abilities at a particularly interesting
time in the evolution of the organisation as recent changes in ways of delivering counselling services to
clients open up opportunities and present new challenges. In return, we offer you supportive working
arrangements, scope to develop your skills and expertise further and dynamic committed people to work with.
As a key member of our Senior Management Team (SMT) reporting directly to the CEO you will:
- Ensure the highest consistent standard of clinical practice is delivered by counsellors and therapists in
compliance with COSCA/BACP accreditation.
- Provide effective leadership and management of our counsellors
and intake workers (self-employed and directly employed by Bright Light Relationship Counselling).
You will, in your role as counselling practice manager and team leader:
- work with Bright Light Relationship Counselling staff to ensure smooth allocation and matching of
- negotiate offer of appointments by counsellors to maximise counsellor
- work with counsellors to meet agreed client contribution targets agreed with
- take responsibility for addressing counsellor/client issues, provide essential counsellor case
support as required and bring potential complaints to a positive conclusion;
- Provide counselling
statistical, financial and other operational data to the CEO and to appropriate others as
- produce statistical data (using CaseSafe), monitoring and evaluation reports and other key
information required by funders and the Board of Trustees;
- support and encourage the professional
practice and development of self-employed counsellors/therapists through provision of training programmes (CPD),
annual appraisals, group supervision, regular video meetings with counsellors (currently by Zoom) and other
activities agreed with CEO from time to time;
- be an effective member of the SMT and liaise as necessary
with the CEO, liaise with its members’ staff;
- take responsibility for driving forward developments and
managing change in the counselling team;
- initiate recruitment drives, advise CEO on counsellor/student
appointments and facilitate and participate in the induction of new counsellors, students, group
- facilitate quarterly meetings with group supervisors to identify trends, good practice and
collaborate with them to develop services and policies;
- review our counselling policies and procedures,
protocols and administrative/monitoring systems, develop guidelines for good practice and record keeping
protocols as agreed with the CEO;
- participate as necessary in induction programmes for other staff and
- network and, as directed by the CEO, build working partnerships with other key agencies and
raise the Bright Light profile externally; and
- attend quarterly Relationships Scotland
Role:Counselling Practice Manager
Contract:30 hours per week. Permanent. Offer of post is subject to a successful 6-month probationary period
and PVG clearance.
Renumeration: £34,000 pro rata. 5% pension contribution.
Holiday Entitlement:5 weeks holiday plus eight public holidays pro rata. Must be taken when the office is
closed between Christmas and New Year . Annual leave is calculated on a calendar year basis.
Reporting: Direct report to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
Place of work: Currently working remotely home based due to current Covid-19 restrictions but may change to a
central Edinburgh location in the future.
Delivery Model:Management of our current Zoom Pro and Phone Counselling service and, when resumed, our
face-to-face counselling service.
- BACP, COSCA or equivalent accreditation
- Extensive experience of relationship counselling and of working
at senior management level
- Experience of delivering a successful video/phone counselling service and
practical usage of Zoom Pro
- Commitment to professional standards of working and first-class customer
- Well organised and able to multi task to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of or experience of
work in the areas of domestic abuse, safeguarding, child protection.
- Strong leadership and people
management skills, Counsellors come from diverse backgrounds with varying expectations and require careful
management to maximise their development and contribution to delivery of counselling
- Comfortable working with statistical data, computers and software packages and able to produce
monitoring and evaluation reports for different audiences including the CEO and Board of
- Successful history of delivering services to agreed client numbers, standards and
- Committed and thoughtful. The position demands wisdom in dealing with counsellors from diverse
backgrounds and the complex demands and needs of clients.
- Excellent communication, workload and people
- Strong team player
- Management qualification
- Comfortable with social media and blog writing.
inspirational, positive, attitude
- Ability to embrace and drive through change
Bright Light is a leading relationship counselling charity currently based at 9a Dundas Street, Edinburgh. Staff are
currently working remotely from home and our services are being delivered via Zoom Pro video and phone
counselling. We aim to maintain these services plus return to face-to-face counselling when allowed and deemed
safe. Bright Light has a proud and long history. Since 1947 our relationship counselling services have provided
high quality professional counselling support for people who are struggling with issues in their lives which
impact on their relationships with close others. We welcome everyone through our door and are always
non-judgemental. We are a medium sized charity, with the majority of our income coming from client
contributions, Trusts and Foundations.
As well as delivering individual and couple relationship counselling, we are proud of our flagship systemic family
therapy service which is unique to Scotland. Please visit our website Bright-light.org.uk for more
Our Visionis a better quality of life and wellbeing for people and their families through strengthening
Our Aim is to provide, develop, and co-ordinate a confidential accessible counselling, family therapy, health
and wellbeing service in Edinburgh and the Lothians for people in relationships. As a not-for-profit charity, we
deliver a professional service in Edinburgh and Lothians to strengthen and enable close personal relations and
to promote emotional well-being.
Our Values: Always compassionate and caring
- Connecting and empathetic with people
- Starting from each person’s needs and respecting
- Respecting and supporting people’s choices, decisions, and
- Keeping people as safe as possible
- Respecting confidentiality and
Striving to be accessible, inclusive and empowering.
Please send your CV and a covering letter showing fit with essential requirements for the role to
firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email subject Counselling Practice Manager Opportunity.
If you would like to know more about the role before applying please contact our CEO email@example.com to
arrange an informal chat.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Midnight 12th April. Bright Light reserves the right to close to
applications earlier if sufficient response received.