ELCAP is a Scottish charity which provides care and support for individuals who are affected by learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health problems.
Our services are managed at locality level by seven Operational Leads.
A vacancy has created a rare opportunity to join our leadership team at an exciting time in our organisation’s development.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a real difference to the individuals we support, by enabling them to live better, more independent lives within our community.
The purpose of the post is to ensure that ELCAP delivers high quality care and support services which are safe, sustainable and valued.
The post has four areas of responsibility:
• Managing the delivery of ELCAP’s care and support services in a specific locality.
• Ensuring the safety and improving the quality of ELCAP’s care and support services.
• Increasing the independence and improving the wellbeing of the individuals ELCAP supports.
• Coaching, leading and motivating Support Practitioners, ensuring they perform to a high standard
This is a permanent, part-time post of 30 hours per week.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme
The post requires a high degree of contact with children and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to join the Protecting of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme. The PVG Scheme is managed and delivered by Disclosure Scotland.
An application pack is available for download below.
Candidates should complete and submit an application form. CVs will not be considered.
Application forms can be submitted:
• By email: email@example.com
• By post: ELCAP, Woodbine Cottage, West Loan, Prestonpans, East Lothian, EH32 9WU.
• The closing date for applications is Thursday 11 June 2020 at 5.00pm.
• Shortlisting will take place on Friday 12 June 2020.
• Interviews will be held on Friday 19 June 2020.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority is to protect the health and wellbeing of the individuals we support, our staff and our communities.
We will ensure a safe recruitment process, in line with guidance from the NHS in Scotland and the Scottish Government.
Any questions or require adjustments?
If you have any questions about the role or selection process, or if you have a disability and require any adjustments to the recruitment process, please contact Karen Cowe on 01875 814114 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.