Your role, as an ENABLE Works Employability Team Leader, is to line manage a small team of Employment Coordinators and support people who have learning disabilities to make progress towards and achieve employment.
Working on our Parental Support Projects in Edinburgh you will be responsible for developing positive relationships with: programme participants who are disabled parents and have barriers to employment; their circles of support; referral agencies; and relevant partners. You will work closely with local employers and partners, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of experiences and opportunities to help these parents manage their childcare responsibilities, gain skills and progress through Edinburgh’s Employability Pipeline.
You will work with individuals on a one to one basis and support them to action plan their goals and aspirations to move towards employment, support them to deliver skills and qualifications, and enhance their confidence that will allow them to become independent, active members of their community.
You will work closely with local partners, developing professional relationships and creating opportunities for people who have learning disabilities in the area.
You will also manage a small team of Employment Coordinators delivering our Progress for Parents programme in Edinburgh, to drive the team, motivate and monitor performance and ensure we deliver a quality service across the programme whilst meeting project KDIs.
You and your team will be given performance targets to achieve each year to ensure that the programme participants are receiving a quality service and we are reaching the targets set out by our funders.
You will be an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, supporting departmental objectives through delivery of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic, societal goals.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
Providing high quality support:
• Manage a staff team to deliver high quality services that exceeds the expectations of customers with a range of abilities and support needs
• Support staff to design appropriate vocational training activities which enhance the employment opportunities of the people we support.
• Regular and accurate profiling of skills and recording of participant activity
• Active case management to ensure person-centred success
• Delivering support with fidelity to the individual project model
• Delivery of structured training to individuals and groups of participants
• Maintaining positive relationships with participants and their circles of support to ensure inclusive success
• Managing professional relationships with stakeholders and employers to create opportunities for participants
Delivering high quality support:
• Keeping accurate and up-to-date records ready for audit
• Recording and gathering project information in line with project timescales and work plan
• Handling and storing project information in line with ENABLE Scotland’s data protection policy
• Reporting accurately on project activity when requested and in line with project timescales
Meeting performance expectations:
• Line managing a small team of Employment Coordinators, ensuring ENABLE Scotland policy and process is followed
• Active case management to ensure participants are achieving success
• Meeting and exceeding individual and team project expectations
• Innovating and collaborating across your team to support wider ENABLE Works performance
Contribution to strategy:
• Sharing best practice and opportunities with ENABLE Works colleagues
• Positive and flexible response to changes in work plans
• Collaborative approach to team and departmental delivery
• Managing your time/caseload efficiently in order to respond to additional duties as required
• Supporting the training and marking of accredited staff training
• Representing ENABLE Works and ENABLE Scotland with an understanding of departmental and organisational strategies
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
For further information and to apply please visit our website
Closing date: 02 Mar 2021