Scotland’s largest community-owned car club is looking for a dynamic & committed manager to lead it in its next phase of development.
Moray Carshare is a car and bike sharing club with a fleet of 15 cars and 14 electric bikes available for use on a pay-as-you-go basis for over 250 members: moraycarshare.com.
We are looking for a new manager who can take over management responsibility from our current manager, who wishes to transition to a supporting role with a view to future retirement.
The manager is responsible both for the operation and the development of Moray Carshare in alignment with its overall vision, purpose and ethos. The role includes responsibly managing the organisation and its assets and ensuring its ongoing financial viability as well as compliance with relevant laws and standards:
· Member service
· Financial reporting and monitoring
· Book-keeping, generating member bills, VAT returns, payroll, etc.
· Procuring and selling our vehicles
· Supervising our vehicle maintainer & car cleaner
· Maintaining and developing appropriate organisational practices and systems, including IT and communications systems
· Preparing for and participating in trustees meetings - as a trustee
· Maintaining and developing our relationships with other organisations
· Strategic planning: identifying suitable opportunities for continued evolution
· Fundraising, including the writing of grant applications
· Project management and the implementation of new services and processes.
We are looking for somebody with:
· A passion for the ethos of car-sharing clubs
· Entrepreneurship and strategic planning: the ability to envision what is needed and to plan and implement this
· Good management and organisational skills
· Understanding/experience of book-keeping, accounting and financial management
· Good communication skills: both when dealing with people and when writing
· Comfortable holding responsibility and solving problems using own initiative;
· Ability to pay attention to detail and comfortable dealing with figures
· Good level of skill in computer tools: especially Excel
· A valid driving licence
· Willing and able to make a long-term commitment.
In addition, it would be an advantage if you have:
· Residence in Findhorn, Forres or Kinloss
· Good knowledge of cars.
In return we are offering:
· Location: Comfortable office in an inspiring working environment: the new Findhorn Social Enterprise Hive
· Pay: £15 per hour as an employee with 5 weeks paid holiday & pension
· Hours: 20-30 hours per week (negotiable)
· Start date: 1st April (negotiable).
A full job description is available at moraycarshare.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Manager-Role.pdf
To apply, or for more information, please contact Gordon McAlpine on 01309 720 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: by 4th March 2021.