Are you an exceptional individual who has the ability to make a significant contribution to the COVEY team?
We are seeking passionate, professional, proactive and caring individuals who will fully embrace the COVEY values of Respect, Openness, Commitment, Innovation and Passion.
COVEY is seeking two experienced and skilled team members to grow our Lead Coordinators team, enabling us to further enhance the opportunities to support our young people and families in South / North Lanarkshire in line with our strategic and operational objectives.
COVEY is looking for exceptional individuals who will provide leadership, management and support to staff and volunteers, coordinating and delivering our work with very vulnerable families and young people.
· Commitment to personal growth
· Able to self reflect and give and take feedback
· Curiosity, flexibility, adaptability and dedication
· Passionate and highly motivated
· Able to work collaboratively
· Takes full responsibility for delivering areas of responsibility
· Leading by example, creating mutual trust colleagues and volunteers
· Quickly building trust and a strong rapport with young people and their families
· Extremely versatile and highly resilient in supporting complex issues.
We seek someone with the drive, passion and vision to develop and shape projects; to think ahead and bring creative solutions where needed, being able to work in partnership within the whole COVEY team.
· You will have held a coordination role for at least three years and have managed staff and volunteers. 5 years experience in working with vulnerable children, young people and families;
· High level of experience in the areas of Child and Adult Protection, Substance Use, Mental Health and other complex issues vulnerable families face;
· Knowledge of the core principles of person-centred, strengths-based approaches in supporting families;
· Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
· Experience in managing staff and volunteers;
· Complex case management experience;
· A working knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
· Confident and capable in internal and external reporting;
· Ability to identify and manage risks and concerns in relation to Child and Adult protection;
· Understanding of the issues surrounding child poverty and other current policy drivers.
With excellent written and verbal communication skills you will also be intuitive. You will demonstrate strong leadership and management skills, having the ability to work to a broad remit where priorities can change daily.
Highly motivated and able to work under pressure and working to targets you will be able to deliver on the desired outcomes. While also maintaining a case load, you will have the ability to observe the attention to detail necessary to ensure excellent case recording and evaluation.
COVEY are interested in having the right people in the right role at the right time and seek those with additional skills and knowledge for the development of the team e.g. Funding, marketing, additional needs and/or addictions specialities, training and mentoring.
Your ability to motivate others will be a key strength, demonstrating skills in leading and developing staff and supporting volunteers. You will be confident in taking the initiative, have problem solving skills and bring a ‘can do’ attitude to the role.
This post is 35 hrs per week and will involve out of hours and possible weekend working.
Essential – Car driver with access to a car / PVG check.
To apply please submit a creative letter of application giving us a sense of who you are as a person and detailing your skills, knowledge and experience relating to all the aspects in this advert. We are also interested in the additionality that you expect to bring to the team – your area of special interest. Your full contact information should also be included. (Please note that CVs are not considered).
If you wish a Job Description or any further information please email or call the office where a conversation with a team leader can also be arranged if required.
COVEY BEFRIENDING, Regent House, 9 High Patrick Street, Hamilton, ML3 7JA / 01698 894013 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd March @ 12 noon
Interview day: Tuesday 9th March 2021 1000-1600hrs (Please be prepared to be available for the full day).
Charity Number – SC020754