ELCAP is a Scottish charity which provides care and support for individuals who are affected by learning disabilities, physical disabilities and mental health problems.
We are passionate about making a real difference to the individuals we support, by enabling them to live better, more independent lives within our community.
If you share our passion and would like to join our dedicated team of Support Practitioners, we would love to hear from you.
The role of Support Practitioner
Our Support Practitioners assist the individuals ELCAP supports with all aspects of daily living, enabling them to do the things that matter to them and achieve their full potential.
Their role involves:
· Supporting individuals to manage or overcome challenges and lead rich and varied lives.
· Making sure our support meets the needs and wishes of the individuals we work with.
· Identifying the abilities, knowledge and skills of the individuals we work with and helping them realise their potential.
· Enabling the individuals we work with to be independent and encouraging them to play an active part in our community.
· Collaborating with organisations which can help us make more of a difference to the individuals we work with.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
The role of Support Practitioner involves a high level of contact with children and vulnerable adults.
Successful candidates will be required to join the Protecting of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
We think it’s cool to care – what do you think?
You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for ELCAP by checking out our short video.
Ten good reasons to work for ELCAP
We pride ourselves in being a good employer. Please visit our website to read about ten good reasons to work for ELCAP.
If you’ve got what it takes to make a real difference to the individuals ELCAP supports, please apply now.
You can apply online or download an application form from our website.
Downloaded forms can be sent:
· By email: email@example.com
· By post: ELCAP, Woodbine Cottage, West Loan, Prestonpans, East Lothian EH32 9WU
We look forward to receiving your application.
Keeping you safe during the COVID-19 pandemic
During the COVID-19 pandemic, our priority is to protect the health and wellbeing of the individuals we support, our staff and our community.
We will ensure a safe recruitment process, in line with the latest guidance from the Scottish Government.