Foundation Scotland is part of a global movement of 1,800 community foundations which encourage philanthropy and other independent funding, and which strengthen voluntary and community sectors where they operate. A quality accredited, independent registered charity, Foundation Scotland is the only community foundation in Scotland. With a national role, we enable independent funding to improve the lives of individuals and communities.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the Revitalising Trusts Programme, which is a partnership between Foundation Scotland and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR). The role will involve working closely with both organisations, to gain advice and technical expertise.
The role combines the following main elements:
• Programme design - support the design of the programme and advise on amendments to processes and documents as the programme moves from a pilot to ongoing phases.
• Promotion – contact prospective inactive trusts to explain the programme and provide supporting introductory documents.
• Support and advice - guide charitable trust representatives through aspects of charity governance and their options, mainly routes to modernise and/or reorganise their charitable trust.
• Administration, communication, and learning - maintain accurate data / records, produce reports, liaise with the programme partners, and contribute to learning from the programme.
The post-holder will be responsible for the whole process of revitalising local and nationally focussed trusts.
• Colleagues within Foundation Scotland
• Representatives within OSCR (technical matters)
• Trustees of charitable trusts
• Professional advisors, representing charitable trusts (such as lawyers and accountants)
A full Role Profile and Programme Summary is available for download below.
To apply please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 12th March