Scottish Water is establishing an Independent Customer Group to support and challenge it as it progresses to being a fully customer-centric organisation.
We are seeking a chairperson for the new group to help ensure the needs and expectations of customers and communities are identified and articulated as the business undertakes the transformation set out in its Strategic Plan and the Water Sector Vision.
As the chair of the Independent Customer Group you would be responsible for:
• Supporting the selection of members for the new group.
• Chairing meetings, facilitating open group discussions and commissioning papers.
• Providing strategic challenge and insight to Scottish Water from and on behalf of customers as it progresses to becoming a fully customer-centric organisation.
• Leading the group in assessing how effectively Scottish Water is meeting its commitments to customers and communities.
• Reporting performance directly to the Scottish Water Chair.
In order to do this, you will need:
• Current knowledge of the interests of customers and communities and a commitment to representing them
• Experience in chairing committees and fulfilling a leadership role
• Demonstrable understanding of the water industry in Scotland
We are looking to ensure this group reflects the diverse views of the people of Scotland. Whilst group members are not required to have previous experience in the industry or of advisory committees, the chair requires relevant experience as set out in the role description.
If selected, you will receive payment for the time you have spent working on the group in accordance to the Public Sector Pay Policy for Senior Appointments.
We know that personal commitments and travel restrictions can be a barrier to attending meetings face to face. Because of this, the Independent Customer Group will always work to facilitate flexible working where possible. In the current circumstance all meetings will be online.
Pay rates in accordance with public sector pay policy for senior appointments and dependent on work carried out.
Up to a maximum of 100 days a year, but it is likely to be less than this.
Monthly meetings and other duties as appropriate
Initial minimum period of 2 years with potential for reappointment for further terms up to a maximum of 8 years
Some travel across Scotland when required and conditions allow
For further details or to request a copy of the role description, please contact SWRecruitment@scottishwater.co.uk
To apply, please visit our website
Closing date for applications is 8th March 2021.
Interviews will be held on 19th March 2021.
Please note that applicants to this job will not be entitled to SW benefits including Pension, annual leave etc.