We’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Development Officer to join our busy ceremonies team to support the
growth and development of Humanist Society Scotland’s ceremonies. The role requires excellent communication
skills, confident use of IT and Social Media channels, and entails working widely with our Celebrants,
stakeholders and members of the public.
- Develop and deliver promotional activities and resources for all ceremony types
- Create content and
engage with the public on social media channels
- Be a front facing ambassador for humanist ceremonies,
through platforms such as Facebook Live and Instagram Stories
- Update ceremonies related content on the
Humanist Society Scotland website as directed
- Support the co-ordination of the annual celebrant
- Co-ordinate and support national wedding exhibitions
- Work as part of the Humanist
Society Scotland team
This is not an exhaustive list of activities and the post holder may be required to work in other areas of the
organisation as required.
- Experience using social media channels in a professional capacity (especially Facebook and
- Experience of creating eye catching content; including videos, presentations and written
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, including confident presentation
- Experience of event planning
- Experience of customer service and responding to members of
- Experience using Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel, or Google Docs and
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise
- Work well in a team, and happy to help others a required
- Ability to maintain
confidentiality, and an understanding of GDPR principles
- Willingness to learn new software
- Empathy with the aims and values of Humanist Society Scotland
- Experience of the wedding or funeral
- Experience using Google Workspace
- Experience tracking effectiveness of social media
posts using analytics
- Experience using CiviCRM, or other similar CRM systems
- Experience editing
website content created using WordPress or similar.
A copy of our strategic plan and most recent annual report is included below for information.
The post is currently home based. A blend of
home/office based working is anticipated once the office reopens, with regular attendance at the Head Office in
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter explaining in detail how you meet the person specification, and why you
wish to work with Humanist Society Scotland to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use 'Development Officer Application' as the subject line of your email.
Please note: CV’s submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date Monday 1st March 2021
Interview date Wednesday 10th March2021 (by