Engender, Scotland’s feminist policy and advocacy organisation is seeking a Development Officer for a one-year post
to work on improving women’s political representation in Scotland.
To increase the representation of diverse women within political parties by working directly with political parties
and equalities organisations to identify opportunities for online activism and organising though the Equal Representation in Political Parties tool.
- To establish relationships with key figures in political parties, including women’s and equality officers and
national and regional level;
- To host webinars to demonstrate how to use the tool;
- To provide
ongoing support for parties to enable them to use the tool effectively;
- To collate qualitative evidence
about use of the online tool;
- To gather information on any other inclusion initiatives being undertaken
by political parties;
- To chart the impact of the tool;
- To update the online tool and app to
reflect best practice and include case studies.
- A sound understanding of how political parties function;
- Experience of designing and delivering
- A sound understanding of intersectionality and how women experience multiple
- Experience of developing effective partnerships;
- Ability to collate and analyse
- Clear writing style, and ability to communicate complex issues simply;
inter-personal and communication skills;
- Verbal communication skills, including delivering
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads and meet
- Ability to evaluate resources and initiatives.
- Experience of networking at a national and local level;
- Experience of political
- Demonstrable commitment to equality across all protected characteristics.
Responsible to: The Head of Development
Location: 10 Old Tolbooth Wynd, Edinburgh, EH8 8EQ (home working during the Covid-19 pandemic)
Apply at Engender.org.uk/jobs
Closing date: 15th February 9am
Anticipated date for interview: 26th February