Are you creative and passionate about fundraising to support a mission of inclusion and diversity?
We are a deaf-led charity working together for an equal and better future for all deaf people since 1835. We have a
range of transformative projects and services which support our aim of improving the quality and conditions of
life for deaf people.
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic person to join our team as Community & Events
Fundraiser. You will be someone with a minimum of 2 years’ fundraising experience (including fundraising in a
digital environment) who can help raise the profile of Deaf Action and engage with new and existing
You should be able to think creatively, work both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrate excellent
communication, interpersonal and digital skills. You will have experience of managing campaigns that help
mobilise supporters, together with a background in campaign management that generates income to support the work
of the organisation.
You will be articulate, have strong influencing skills and proven stakeholder management skills to work with all
levels of staff in the organisation, our board of Trustees, and external partners. You will have a commitment to
empowering deaf people, and be willing to learn British Sign Language as part of your role.
The role reports to the Chief Executive and Senior Management Team.
- Contribute to a fundraising strategy that supports our strategic aims and development plan
- Support the
Marketing Manager to create engaging content to maintain a strong community on social media
- Coordinate and monitor fundraising campaigns across all platforms
- Monitor analytics to
measure and improve fundraising performance towards a target
- Highlight opportunities for and organise
community activations and events to support fundraising activity
- Write engaging and timely case studies
and news stories
- Work with colleagues to create new campaigns to promote fundraising
- Identify potential collaborators and partnership opportunities and support relationship
- Recruiting, coordinating and managing fundraising volunteers.
- Contribute to the Strategic and Business Planning activities
- Contribute to reporting on activities and
- Prepare and manage annual fundraising budgets
- Work closely with other members of the
Fundraising team ensure accurate and timely recording of all enquiries, follow-ups and donations, adhering to
and within agreed protocols
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure all progress reports and evaluations are
prepared and completed within the agreed deadlines
- Respect confidentiality and manage data appropriately
in line with the GDPR
- Understand relevant duties relating to safeguarding of children and vulnerable
Person Specification (Essential):
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role, including experience of working with volunteer groups and
experience of event planning
- Proven track record of delivering against targets whilst offering excellent
- Excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to write engaging
- Experience of engaging with a range of internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to work
proactively, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Strong organisational and problem-solving
- Ability to develop good working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to work
as part of a team
- Aptitude for learning British Sign Language
Person Specification (Desirable):
- Experience of working in the charitable sector in Scotland;
- Knowledge or awareness of deaf issues and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics;
- Full, clean driving license.
What’s on Offer
- Occupational pension scheme with employer contributions of 6%;
- 32 days leave inc bank holidays) with additional leave accruing with long service;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme provided by Health Assured;
- Access to the Cycle to Work Scheme and IT Voucher Scheme;
- Support for Learning and Development through our PDR process
- BSL Classes to Level 2
Closing date: Monday 18 January 2021 at 5pm (Provisional interview date: 1st February 2021).
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com