FareShare is a national charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements – from food retailers and manufacturers – and engage many volunteers to help redistribute this to local charities and community groups that provide meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, recovering from addictions).
FareShare operates in 18 regions in the UK, across more than 135 towns and cities, providing food to over 1,290 charities. Last year, we provided food for 12 million meals, helping to reach 62,200 people each day.
Tayside & Fife Regional Centre
FareShare Tayside & Fife redistributes surplus food to over 150 charities across the region working with people in need, from families on low income and older people at risk of isolation to those affected by homelessness and mental health issues. The charities FareShare works with provide crucial support services alongside freshly cooked nutritious meals. The Tayside & Fife regional centre is operated and managed by Transform Community Development. Transform is a Dundee based charity that provides services for vulnerable adults.
Main purpose of this role
The purpose of this role is to assist with the development of the new satellite warehouse in Perth. You will be an enthusiastic problem solver, who enjoys working with colleagues to support and develop new roles as well as acting as a link with our community members. You should have experience of working in a team in a range of settings and be confident to share your experience to empower others.
· Overall management of the Perth warehouse maintaining operational performance and ensuring Community Members needs are met;
· Support the implementation of new delivery routes resulting from Community Food Member growth;
· Support the introduction of any new and models of working and support staff with their implementation;
· To carry out any other duties as may be required.
· Identify and recruit new Community Food Members
· Assist in ensuring that FareShare Tayside & Fife meets its business growth targets to ensure its financial viability.
· Assist in the successful implementation of operations and services.
· Ensure the highest quality service to our CFMs;
· Assist the Operations Manager with the continuity of high standards in all aspects and with all stakeholders both internal and external;
· Ensure the highest standards of compliance in relation to the law governing the handling, processing and transportation of food and general health and safety practice.
4. Administration & Finance
· Assist in ensuring costs are controlled and relevant to the annual budget and build increasing levels of sustainability;
· Ensure that food movements are accurately logged on the online management system GLADYS;
· Ensure that all necessary and required depot administration is in place and operating correctly, particularly that relating to food hygiene and health and safety.
· Provide high quality management to the team, motivating and inspiring them to achieve our objectives through clear communication and regular reviews;
QQCF Level 3 award in equivalent to any of: HACCP, food hygiene, manual handling or H&S
Current, clean driving licence and car insured for business use
High level communication skills and ability to engage at all levels with diverse stakeholders
Experience of working in a regulated environment and demonstrable risk assessment capabilities
Leadership management skills- including the ability to motivate and develop people to deliver high levels of performance
Skills, knowledge and abilities
Problem-solving skills and the ability to make effective decisions ‘on the spot’.
Confidence and bearing to act as an ambassador to diverse audiences of external stakeholders strengthening the brand and raising awareness.
Delivering customer service and the ability to deliver excellence through a competitive service offer to all stakeholders
IT literacy, in particular of using Microsoft applications
Ability to work systematically to agreed guidelines in the absence of close supervision
Strong communication skills in generating work guidelines and strong relationships with the team.
Competencies and Behaviours
A commitment to Equal Opportunities
Dealing with change: the ability to act quickly decisively and positively to change
Problem solving and decision making: the ability to anticipate, assess and deliver innovative solutions to problems with clear logical thinking
An understanding and passion for the mission and values of both Transform Community Development & Fareshare
Driving licence essential.
Please email a CV to email@example.com or post to Transform, 95 Douglas Street, Dundee. DD1 5AZ.