Do you want to help us transform lives through reading and writing?
Scottish Book Trust are looking for a highly motivated and organised manager to join our Early Years team and lead Bookbug logistics, oversee quality book selection and provide ongoing support to local partners in Libraries, local authorities and NHS.
Scottish Book Trust is a national charity that believes books, reading and writing have the power to change lives. A love of reading inspires creativity, improves employment opportunities, mental health and wellbeing and is one of the most effective ways to help break the poverty cycle. We work towards a Scotland where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive through literacy.
Scottish Book Trust’s delivers Bookbug, Scotland’s national early years book gifting programme, providing a free, high quality, book bag for every baby, toddler, three-year-old and primary 1 child in the country.
The Early Years Operations Manager oversees a complex and time sensitive logistical process including:
· procurement of over 1 million items
· developing bespoke books and resources with suppliers and publishers
· centralised picking and packing operation at warehouse in Bathgate to create 240,000 bags of books annually
· quarterly distributions to 32 local authority areas and all NHS boards
· monitoring and improvement of onward distribution mechanisms in conjunction with local authorities and the NHS
· providing ongoing support for local authorities to promote and deliver the Bookbug programme locally
Application notes: To apply go to: scottishbooktrust.com/about/vacancies
Closing date: Sunday 29th November 2020, 12 midnight
Please note that interviews are planned for the week commencing 7th December.