The Society of Antiquaries of Scotland is looking for an organised and motivated candidate to fill an exciting new role for our busy Scottish Charity. This is a key role as first point of contact for our existing and prospective membership drawn from around the world and will be responsible for the administration of our membership database. You will also help organise and deliver our programme of digital and in-person events.
First point of contact with members.
Administration of membership database.
Event organisation and delivery.
Assisting staff and members with membership queries.
· Experience working in an administrative environment for a membership-based organisation or similar.
· Excellent organisational and time-management skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
· IT literate (particularly membership database skills) and open to learn new digital skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High standard of accuracy with close attention to detail.
· Proactive and flexible approach.
· Familiarity with social media platforms and policies.
· Experience with booking and event management.
· Experience of website content management systems (CMS).
· Experience of MS Dynamics based membership databases.
· Strong relationship-building skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and some membership database management experience, although training will be provided where necessary and this post would suit someone starting or changing their career. They will be motivated and able to handle a busy and varied workload, balancing the need to communicate effectively with members of the Society and run an efficient and organised membership database. They will have strong relationship-building skills and the ability to help organise and administer events.
Deadline for Applications: Midnight on Monday 30th November 2020. It is expected that interviews will be held online in the week of 14th December.
Applications should be addressed to Dr Simon Gilmour, Director at the Society (email@example.com). Please include a full CV along with a cover letter that describes how your skills and experience fulfil the criteria for the role and make you the ideal candidate. Please also provide names and contact details of two referees whom the Society may invite to comment on your suitability for the post in advance of appointment. Referees will not be contacted until a position has been offered.
A full job description is available for download below.
The Society of Antiquaries of Scotland is an independent charity actively supporting and promoting the study and enjoyment of Scotland’s past (charity no. SC010440).