Because People Matter
Turning Point Scotland is a national social care charity providing services to people with addictions, learning disabilities, mental health issues, those in the criminal justice system and those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Turning Point Scotland's Glasgow Supported Living Service (Glasgow – North East area)
Glasgow Supported Living Services works alongside Glasgow Health and Social care Partnership and local Housing association to provide support to adults with some of the most complex and challenging needs, who live in the East End of Glasgow.
Mental Health issues like personality disorders and neurological conditions like Huntington’s disease can have a huge impact on a person’s ability to remain in their own home.
Housing support, personal care and care at home packages through self-directed support are offered, based on the specific needs of the individual.
With a support plan tailored to suit the individual, people with the most complex needs can participate in their community and enjoy social opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities
Support to people who use services - To:
• provide support and assistance to people who we support in accordance with their support plans and service aims.
• assist with initial and on-going assessments of people who we support.
• advise people who we support in accordance with guidance from senior colleagues or in accordance with the service aims.
• be a key worker as required.
• maintain professional confidentiality and boundaries at all times.
• support and assist people who we support in crisis situations, and/or manage physical risk or behaviour likely to cause incidents, in accordance with the support plan or service protocol.
• travel within the service area you are contracted for and supporting the travel and transportation of people who we support in accordance with their support plan (mobility, own car, service vehicles, public transport etc).
• have an understanding of the causes and effects of social exclusion as is relevant to the service and area in which you work.
For further information, please visit our website
Closing date: 23-Nov-2020
Charity No SCO28827