Are you confident, outgoing and passionate about developing young people to find work, apprenticeships or college in a sector of their choice?
Helm’s long-term vision is a Scotland where all young people dare to dream and can make those dreams a reality. Our more immediate mission is to ensure that young people in Scotland have access to the education and training that supports them to learn. Our strategy for achieving this focuses on three key activities, which we believe, will make education, training and employment accessible and achievable for all:
• Give Young People a Voice
• Remove Barriers to Learning and Employment
• Develop Education, Training and Employment Services
Helm are currently looking for a dynamic individual who can engage with students in creative and innovative ways. The successful candidate will work in a team with young people who are not in education, employment or training to enable them to make a great transition into adult life.
We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds. Experience of working with young people would be an advantage along with a background in training, recruitment or business.
Key responsibilities in the role include:
• Develop relationships with young people, identify their interests and support them in exploring the next steps
• Matching young people with work experience placement employers
• Support businesses and the young people during placement to maximise success for both
• Develop new relationships with businesses in our community to extend work placement opportunities
What do we give you in return? Helm provides you with a competitive salary, 35 days annual leave, health benefits, a pension plan, a generous range of benefits and job satisfaction with a real opportunity to make a difference every day.
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all young people and use a thorough and rigorous recruitment and selection process including PVG Scheme checks to ensure this commitment is not compromised.
To apply for this position please refer to the News Section of the Helm website – helmtraining.co.uk for further information and an application pack.
CVs are not to be submitted.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th February 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 1st March 2021