Tiphereth - Camphill in Edinburgh provides a harmonious community where adults with learning disabilities and autism can live work and grow together. We merge residential care, with supported living tenancies and a vibrant support service to provide our members, with meaningful work activity to be the best they can be and respected for their own unique qualities and contributions.
The Supported Living Service supports ten members to live within their own homes. These are a combination of shared and single tenancies. With support provided on a needs led basis. Our members benefit from both personalised support and living as part of a community with others who call Tiphereth home.
We are currently recruiting a Supported Living Manager (Maternity Cover) Fixed term for 12 months. You will be responsible for the day to day management of our Supported Living Service, including operational delivery, leadership, financial management, staff management and communication of information to all stakeholders.
This is a hands-on role, line managing and supporting a team of dedicated co-workers to deliver excellent standards of care and support. You will provide the leadership, direction and decision making for the service assisted by two team leaders.
Forming part of the Tiphereth Management Group, led by the CEO, you will have responsibility to work collaboratively with a team of Service and Non-Service Managers to deliver the strategic direction for the Tiphereth community.
The Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time post (150hrs per 4 weeks) and you will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service. This will involve occasional evening or weekend work.
The annual salary is £35,249.18 per annum. An additional on call payment is received for weeks on call.
We offer a generous 36 days paid holiday per annum inclusive of statutory and public holidays.
· Ensure that the Supported Living Service is delivered in line with the Health and Social Care standards.
· Lead the development of the service and delegate responsibilities to the Team Leaders as required.
· Identify areas of practice and service improvement and act accordingly to address any issues.
· Ensure the Supported Living Service contributes to and is included in wider community events and celebrations within Tiphereth.
· Undertake the rostering of staff with the Team Leaders to meet member’s support needs and provide on call support on a rotational basis.
· Provide regular and effective support and supervision to the team with an emphasis on reflective practice.
· Maintain excellent recording and reporting as set out by Tiphereth.
· Maintain good communication with members families, carers, partner organisations and stakeholders.
· Attend internal and external meetings as directed and agreed with the CEO.
· Participate in community celebrations and the cultural and spiritual life of Tiphereth.
· Contribute to creating a harmonious, safe and aesthetically pleasing environment in which to work.
Please Download the Job Description and Person Specification for more details
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Initial discussions to find out more are very welcome. To arrange an informal chat contact Charlotte Dudley (Supported Living Manager) email@example.com
Completed application forms and values questionnaires should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th October 2020, with interviews to be held Tuesday 13th October 2020