Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s wellbeing and out of school care services.
About the role
Temporary Furnished Flats: To help end homelessness through the provision of temporary furnished accommodation within the Private Rented Sector and providing a high-quality support service for homeless households.
Rent Deposit: To help end homelessness through facilitating access to accommodation within the Private Rented Sector and providing a high-quality support service for (at risk of) homeless households.
We would love you to apply for this role if...
• You are guided by the Ypeople values and committed to creating an environment that promotes inclusiveness.
• You hold SVQ level 2/3 or SCQF equivalent or an appropriate Housing qualification, or willingness to undertake
• You have a full driving license and access to a car for work purposes
• You have working knowledge of SSSC Codes of Practice
You would love to work in this role if...
• You enjoy developing positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with the people we support, focusing on their strengths and aspirations as individuals.
• You have a high standard of professional integrity with colleagues and other professionals
• You are skilled at influencing and informing good working practices
• You are excited to work in an organisation that celebrates your participation in your service and offers you development opportunities.
What you will be doing
• Effective engagement with landlords and letting agents in the procurement and management of properties, ensuring they are fit for purpose and comply with legal, health and safety and corporate standards.
• Ensuring all referrals to the service are assessed and progressed in line with service specification.
• Ensuring occupancy levels are maintained through efficient allocation and void management of properties.
• Liaison with external agencies such as Community Homeless teams, Housing Benefit and Council Tax teams, landlords, support providers, health services, local authority and other agencies as required.
• Ensuring that contractual obligations and the individual needs of those who we support are met by maintaining a system of regular support.
• Ensuring risk assessments are completed and updated. • Advocating on behalf of the people who we support.
• Investigating and resolving any complaints by the people we support, landlords, neighbours or other external parties.
• Regularly auditing files of the people we support. • Arranging and facilitating regular support and supervision sessions with your team members, utilising best practice in performance management to ensure staff are supported to undertake their roles.
• Completing yearly appraisals and personal development plans with your staff team.
• Ensuring the Better Futures information management system is utilised by staff.
• Ensure a safe system of work is in place for staff who are working outside office hours and in lone working situations. • Ensuring a safe environment for the people we support, colleagues and others.
• Having a detailed knowledge of other relevant services.
• Compiling Ypeople Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and any required local authority returns / reports.
• Representing Ypeople to other agencies or services including Local Authority, Social Work, Housing Services and other relevant services.
• Managing staff sickness and absence issues in conjunction with Human Resources Department.
• Investigating any issues of misconduct within the organisation.
I’m keen! What's next?
Please visit our website and download and complete each file within the Application Pack. ypeople.org.uk/vacancy/senior-development-worker
Closing date: Sunday 27 September 2020
Provisional interview date: Mon 28th September 2020